Lead and manage the delivery of management accounting operational services. Ensure all client needs and deliverables are clearly understood and achieved and that services are delivered efficiently and within agreed time, cost and quality standards.
Proactively plan strategically by understanding current and anticipating future requirements to
ensure capacity and resources are available to deliver all current and future services to agreed
standards and deadlines.
Champion the importance of continuous improvement, teamwork, consistency and quality in all
activity throughout the department.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
1. Lead the management accounting function to achieve all objectives to agreed time, budget and quality standards.
2. Actively demonstrate, promote and support the vision and values of the company.
3. Understands the organisational future strategic aims and participate in and support achieving those objectives.
4. Liaise with CSDs to gain a clear understanding of all new and existing client requirements and all/any variations from standard services or terms for the services to be provided.
5. Ensure that all teams delivering agreed services are clear on the agreed client requirements.
6. Ensure the effective on boarding of clients accounts, coordinating all activity with the CSD and other departments including resourcing, technology and infrastructure.
7. Ensure all/any client requests are communicated to the relevant CSD within 24 hours.
8. Manage the deliverables for all clients ensuring there is no scope creep to the services provided without obtaining client agreement via the CSDs that additional work, beyond the agreed services, are chargeable
9. Ensure appropriate information is gathered from all clients and other stakeholders in a timely manner to allow preparation of the management accounts. Resolve or escalate any issues which would cause any contractual deliverable to be provided late.
10. Manage the management accounts teams ensuring accounts are prepared within agreed terms and following all processes and procedures to agreed quality standards.
Key skills and knowledge
1. Professional qualified with a recognized accountancy organisation ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA with Six Sigma Certification is must.
2. 10+ years post qualification experience, in a relevant service based industry or organization.
3. Expert domain technical knowledge. (See competency framework for more detailed definition.)
4. Excellent knowledge of relevant international accounting standards, concepts and practices.
5. Excellent experience in managing and leading teams with a wide variety of workloads and service
deliverables. Can lead a team of up to 100 people (they may not have the experience but needs to show the capability)
6. Has experience of either six sigma or process improvement needs to have managed or been the lead of projects where tangible benefits have been delivered. Needs to explain the steps that were taken so they can demonstrate that they were actively involved rather than monitoring. Needs strong English skills and to be credible whilst hosting c suite clients on site visits
Understands a service management culture, has ideally delivered against SLAs and a right first time approach
Needs to be flexible with client hours\days
Understands cost to serve and can demonstrate saving cash in operations