Responsible for running PR campaigns on time, on budget and to client briefs and for ensuring that client accounts are run on a day-to-day basis in terms of the client, the media and the team. May be responsible for line management of direct reports and deputises for the Account Director in their absence.
* Provide client consultancy and day to day account management to clients.
* Support and direct account teams in the development, coordination, implementation and administration of public relation campaigns using traditional and social media tools.
* Responsible for the management and development of Account Coordinators and Account Executives.
* Cultivate and build new and existing relationships with clients in order to support new business efforts.
Competencies that contribute toward an individual's ability to excel on the job.
Technical Knowledge / Professional Expertise
Industry/ Audience Insights
* Proactively maintains and shares insights and trends of their clients' industry, audiences and competitors internally and externally
* Understands the integration of PR strategy with other business disciplines and the impact of communications towards achieving business goals
* Demonstrates an in depth understanding of how the traditional media (print & broadcast), social media and analysts work in their market
* Proactively develops high value, trusted relationships with key journalists, analysts, bloggers and other influencers in the market
* Leverages relationships and influencer knowledge to achieve landmark results for clients
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of social media and can advise clients on issues relating to social media
* Engages clients as their day-to-day account lead, consulting on a range of communication techniques
* Can clearly articulate their clients' business model and strategy and how client PR campaigns contribute toward the business goals of their client
* Builds trusted relationships with a portfolio of clients and has a track record of managing complex campaign issues directly with clients
Public Relations Delivery
* Able to consistently produce at a high-quality all the written PR material expected by clients in a timely manner without assistance
* Effectively manages all client campaigns in line with the Text 100% Service Standard and Text 100 PR Methodology (DARE)
* Supports more senior team members in the delivery of strategic PR activities including messaging development, media training and storyboard workshops
* Demonstrates an in depth understanding of all key PR tactics and the ability to develop campaign plans that recommend the best program mix to achieve client business goals
* Adept at articulating strategic plans, consulting at a strategic level with clients, and has an in-depth understanding of the budget setting process
Innovation & Critical Thinking
* Effectively leads and participates in brainstorms and is able to develop creative campaign ideas and new ways of working
* Quickly defines problems and implements effective solutions to increasingly complex situations. Demonstrates sound judgment to seek guidance when appropriate
* Proactively looks for opportunities to contribute to new ways of doing things and constantly seeks to improve internal procedures and campaign processes, without sacrificing quality
* Encourages others to generate different ideas and solutions; builds on the ideas of others
Business Acumen & Results
* Records time and expenses accurately and on time
* Achieves standard utilization targets and/or personal objectives (direct staff and operations) and ensures team members achieve individual results
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of the Text 100 business plan and can articulate how the team contributes toward the business goals
* Develops realistic campaign budgets and plans and ensures team executes on time and within budget
Collaborative High Performance Culture
* Collaborates well, respects others, and regularly provides feedback to others in the spirit of personal development & high performance
* Manages an environment that promotes ownership and accountability at all levels
* Effectively manages or escalates conflicts within team and with clients to an effective resolution quickly and smoothly
* Promotes a positive team dynamic in which members can enjoy their work while achieving strong results
* Sets high standards for self and actively engages in self development activities including attendance at internal training sessions
* Demonstrates leadership skills with more junior staff and peers -- regularly coaching and mentoring others and setting an example for facing difficult issues head on
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of Text 100 performance standards and HR Service Charter, with an emphasis on having objectives in place and regular reviews and feedback sessions for all direct reports
* Seeks support from his or her manager to address performance issues with direct reports
* Regularly recognizes individuals for good work
* Models effective time management, prioritization and stress management skills and guides others to maximize these skills
* Demonstrates tenacity and the ability to resiliently adapt to change
* Performs well in pressure situations, proactively alerting manager if deadlines are compromised and supporting other team mates in managing their own situations
* Escalates issues to seek assistance when necessary quickly, openly and honestly
* Drives open communication across team and with clients or other external networks - ensuring timely, honest and transparent communication of both good and bad information
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently in written as well as spoken English in complex business situations
* Demonstrates an appreciation of the audience when developing proposals, reports and presentations and develops this skill in others
* Demonstrates confidence when speaking, presenting and providing recommendations. Is adept at facilitating small internal and external meetings
* Effectively facilitates the timely flow of information across his or her team and other internal and external contacts.
* Uses active listening skills to check for understanding and collaborate with others
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently in written as well as spoken English in complex business situations as well as the ability to understand complex business English when reading
Sales, Influencing & Brand Building
* Proactively identifies potential clients and contributes toward new business activity and client growth initiatives as agreed with manager
* Maintains regular communication with internal and external networks to build the profile reputation of Text 100
* Demonstrates the ability to pitch and win new business from either existing or new clients
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent ideally in the field of PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism.
* Actively communicates via social media platforms.
* Ability to travel on a short term basis for client and business demands.
* Previous experience in a PR agency environment at Account Manager or Senior Account Manager level.
* Previous experience of coaching and managing more junior employees.
* Proven record in high client satisfaction and retention levels.
* Postgraduate qualification ideally in the field of PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism.