1. Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
2. Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
3. Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
4. Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
5. Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers.
6. Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.