Technical Qualification - BE/BTech/MTech/MCA
OR - MBA - with a technical background
Roles & Responsibilities
Interface with customers and perform analysis of business challenges, user and functional requirements, business processes, standard operating procedures, workflows, and other documents; designs and accomplishes product presentations or demonstrations.
Sales engineers (SEs) are the technical glue of a technical sale. Sometimes called 'systems engineers,' 'pre-sales support,' or 'field consultants,' SEs act as the sales team's technical encyclopedia during the sale, representing the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems. They perform technical presentations for the product. They own the demonstration script for the product.
* Developing long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements;
* Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
* Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
* Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
* Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
* Solving client problems
* Helping in the design of custom-made products
* Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
* Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
* Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
* Offering after-sales on-boarding services
* Administering client accounts
* Analyzing costs and sales
* BS/BTech/BE/MCA in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5-7 years relevant work experience.
* Either codes actively currently or at least should have been a developer previously
* Should know UI technologies like HTML/JS/CSS and ability to parse, understand and use APIs
* Knowledge of basic database concepts
* Should have worked with services which have been scaled upwards substantially
* Should have worked with TechOps/DevOps or teams which are responsible for delivering/managing the services through distributed data centers
* Should have worked with clustering, high availability services
* Should have knowledge of how network architecture affects the development and deployment of software services
* Experience working with Personas, Use Cases and task flows
* Previous Experience with Analytics
* Strong Communication Skills
* Experience with Early-stage products/mid-size product company
* MBA from a premier institute is a plus
* Experience with building Services or Apps in Payment Processing and Merchant Services space