- This position is responsible for the coding, unit testing of RPG400/ILE RPG (free format) on the System i (a.k.a. iSeries and AS/400).
- A special emphasis on understanding what these ILE RPG applications do and how they do it will be required to help the company integrate and migrate these applications with and to other technologies such as Java will be an advantage.
- Therefore the candidate should have worked in the area of RPG400/ILE RPG. Strong DB2/400 and DB2 SQL skills, including the use of embedded SQL with RPG.
- The ILE RPG development environment experience must include the development and maintenance of ILE RPG service programs and use of the binder language to manage supporting multiple signatures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Enhance/Create RPG/SQLRPGLE/CL/Stored procedure as per Technical Specifications
- Unit testing of self-developed programs/objects, creating Unit test documents with results incorporated.
- Convert RPG operations to embedded SQL equivalents
- Create and maintain RPG Service Programs
- Good Verbal English Skills
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Self Starter
- Time Management
- Priority Setting
Required Technical Skills and Knowledge
- ILE RPG (fixed and free format)
- CL Programs
- Service Programs
- Binding Directories
- Binder Language
- DB2 SQL
Desired Additional Skills/Tools:
- Ability to work under little guidance/independently
- Understand standard database principles
- Experience with Rational software tools
- DB2 Stored Procedures
- DB2 User Defined Functions
- DB2 Trigger Programs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science minimum, Master's degree preferred.
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience in i-series development in total and out of which at least 1 year in advanced ILE RPG experience