The Resident Engineer will be based at one of the seven construction sites and the role will involve travelling to other construction sites. The Resident Engineer will be required to provide his/her own transport.
Reporting to the Senior Resident Engineer, the Resident Engineer will be required to supervise contractor's activities to ensure materials specifications, workmanship and quality control for all works are in compliance with the contract requirement and regulations.
The role will require keeping accurate records of the on-site day to day activities and of all site correspondence. The role also includes witness testing and materials certification.
The Resident Engineer will be required to comply with Mott MacDonald Quality and Safety procedures and with the contractor's site H&S procedures and requirements. The Resident Engineer shall at all times comply with current H&S legislation.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering
- Hold a Safe Pass Registration Card or similar registration
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Resident Engineer.
- A Full Driver's License and own transport.
- A knowledge of waste water treatment systems, pumping stations and pipeline construction.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and P&IDs
- A working knowledge of FIDIC conditions of contract would be an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with good report writing, analytical and computer skills.