This is a key position to manage research portfolio of service offerings targeted at sourcing clients globally. Manager is expected to lead a team of around 8 analysts and team leads (that is expected to grow in the near future). Research Managers remit broadly includes:
1. Manage day-to-day operations and delivery of the team. The candidate will be responsible for stakeholder management and delivery of planned and ad-hoc requests in a timely manner meeting or exceeding quality expectations.
2. Mentor junior members of the team in project definition, management and execution, and support their advance to become integrated members of the team and independent high-performers.
3. Lead a team of analysts in custom research projects or consulting projects as required. The individual will also be an individual contributor depending on the requirement for research or consulting projects.
4. Manage the operations of the program against a defined annual calendar. Ensure data quality and manage data validation efforts.Oversee the sharing and distribution of data collected by the research team. Define and manage data management processes and provide guidance on format and production of deliverables (e.g., PPT slides, Excel, other formats to support online display) .
5. Own the offering and work with US leadership to improve and expand the service offering.
6. Support pre-sales activities and proposal creation and work with Research leadership on the Go-to-Market of the Research group.
7. Identify improvement opportunities in existing product portfolio and create new offerings. This involves collaborating with other members of the research groups and working together to create a new set of revenue opportunities for the business.
8. Depending on the project requirement, the candidate should be able to switch from a hands-on role to undertake data analysis, primary and secondary research to being a team manager leading a team of analyst.
9. Manage internal stakeholders that include senior executives globally and external clients as required.
10. Participate and contribute to thought leadership as required.
The candidate should have an MBA from premier institution with 8 to 15 years of relevant research and consulting industry experience.
Attributes / Skills sought:
1. Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills with good knowledge of IT/BPO industry, preferably with experience in sourcing advisory business.
2. Excellent project management skills, preferably in research or consulting environments. Must be comfortable managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
3. Experience in sourcing advisory and experience in research-based advisory and consulting to enterprise clients. Must be comfortable communicating with executive level stakeholders.
4. Ability to work with ambiguity in an unstructured environment with ability to multi-task.
5. Experience in producing both standard and bespoke research reports (and other deliverable formats) with good experience of both primary and secondary research techniques.
6. Excel savvy: Advanced Quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel (pivot tables/ advanced formulae) and ability to work with large amounts of data.
7. Prior experience of managing teams and strong organizational skills for creating tracking/reporting processes.
8. Prior experience in working on presales activities like proposal creation etc.