1. Job Description:
2. The post of the Registrar is one of the key positions in the administrative set up of the Institute. He is the head of the administrative wing of the Institute. Administration in IIIT-D is a service function, with the main goal of providing support to the academic side of the Institute. The key function of the Registrar therefore is to ensure that the administrative wing provides efficient and courteous support to students, faculty, academic functionaries, so they can excel in teaching and R&D, while ensuring that all statutory requirements are being met. The roles and responsibilities of Registrar include (but are not limited to):
a. To provide necessary support to Director for running/ day-to-day activities of the Institute.
b. To supervise all sections/ wings of the Institute including Academics, HR, IT, Student Affairs, Finance & Accounts, Stores & Purchase, Library, Operations, Estate & Works, Security, Facilities, Placements and Corporate communications etc.
c. Ensure proper record keeping and digitizing of records.
d. ERP management.
e. Preparation of agenda, recordings of minutes of the meeting, keeping records of the apex bodies of the Institute, issue of notices for convening of meetings of all committees and sub-committees appointed by any of these authorities, where he is secretary.
f. To ensure the adherence of Institute rules and regulations.
g. To be custodian of the records and funds and such other property of the Institute as the Board of Governors may commit to his/ her charge.
h. Human Resource Development of Non-teaching employees. This includes recruitment and all HR activities, training, promotions and incentives, which help in attracting and retaining talent.
i. All legal matters of the Institute.
j. To represent Institute in suits or proceedings by or against the Institute, sign power of attorney and perform pleadings or depute his/ her representative for the same.
k. All compliance related matters.
l. To conduct the official correspondence on behalf of the Institute.
m. To enter into agreement, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the Institute.
n. To safeguard the movable and immovable assets of the Institute.
o. To perform other duties as specified in the IIIT-D Act or as assigned by the Director or Board of Governors of the Institute from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
1. A postgraduate degree with 1st division marks or equivalent grade.
2. At least 15 years of administrative/teaching experience, with at least 8 years of administrative experience at a senior level (e.g. Deputy Registrar/General Manager or equivalent/... or above.)
1. A postgraduate degree in Engineering/Law/Management
2. Administrative experience in education/research institutes.
3. Good knowledge of computer applications.
4. Experience in financial management, project management, human relations and personnel management, industrial relations, and coordinating and leading a team.
1. The applicant should not be more than 55 years of age. The appointment will be either on deputation or on contract for a period of up to five years, which can be renewed. The age of retirement will be 60 years.
2. Prescribed qualifications are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her to be called for interview.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be informed for interviews through e-mails only.
4. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualification and experience.
5. The institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
6. Qualifications/experience may be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
7. The candidates may be considered for higher/lower grade/ scale depending upon their profile.
8. The selected candidates will be expected to join within three months from the offer of appointment.
9. A person working in Govt. Organization/ Autonomous Bodies/ PSUs etc. will be required to produce the No Objection Certificate before the interview of OR should send his/ her application Through Proper Channel also.