1. Manage the sales administration functions, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
2. Assist in the developing annual sales plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion plans.
3. Achieve volume/value target of all brands/flavours as per the prescribed criteria.
4. Identify and develop new customers to maximize both width and depth of distribution as also continuous tracking and monitoring of secondary sales.
5. Ensuring that the sales teams activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the company.
6. Responsible for the planning, recruitment, directing, organising and controlling the sales personnel to accomplish specific objectives.
7. Responsible for monitoring the performance of sales team by establishing a system of reports and communication involving innovative reporting and feedback system.
8. Plan and implement specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales targets and administer the sales plans.
9. Personally observe the performance of each member of the sales team in the field on a regular basis as also have in depth knowledge of competitors and their activities.
10. Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales team to enhance technical sales knowledge to present information on the companys products in an accurate and balanced manner.