The Sr. developer's job is to design, execute and direct data engineering solutions including data extraction, and data manipulation. The role will involve translating business objectives into data and analytics solutions using appropriate data engineering, analytics, visualization and dashboard applications. The Sr. developer will support the Business Insights Group in extending and innovating our big data and analytic capabilities. They will assist the Business Insights Group and business units with data validations, data extractions, and analysis of large and complex datasets.
The position will connect key users to data both within the department and across the organization, and will entail significant daily interactions of all levels of personnel, including VPs, Managers, Developers, Project Managers, and external consultants.
Responsibilities & Duties :
- Develop and/or implement tools for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets
- Explore, model, mine and experiment with data to answer critical business issues
- Support and train business units in use of data and visualization tools to generate and communicate insights and to expand the use of data science analytics/Big Data
- Work with the Analytics Group and business unit analysts to define data requirements and plan data acquisition
- Work with business units to extract large or complex data sets from EIT (Enterprise Information Technology) sources (structured and unstructured)
- Facilitating data merging and transformation in preparation for analysis by planning the process and either executing directly or training business units to implement directly
- Keep abreast of new and current data science/big data techniques
- Communicate with and educate both senior and junior colleagues to further embed data science and analytics across the organization
- Communicate effectively with analytics/data experts, business leaders, executives inside and outside of Cablevision to assess opportunities and develop data driven solutions
- Assist the Director and EIT group (Enterprise Information Technology) in designing and implementing the data architecture, analytics, environment, and best practices for analyzing large or complex data sets.