1. IT (information technology) audit oversee a team of auditors and ensure their investigation is in compliance with company and government standards.
2. IT auditers are responsible for monitoring IT systems to ensure they follow policies and practices.
3. They must evaluate technology, manage staff, identify controls, and keep records. In addition to monitoring IT systems, IT audit managers act as mentors so each IT staff team member has the proper expertise.
4. IT audit managers compile a vast array of data into a coherent report for the audit committee.
5. They ensure that staff has a solid understanding of auditing procedures and necessary independence to conduct their own investigations.