* Excellent understanding of testing concepts and the role of QA in the software development lifecycle.
* Extensive experience with LAMP stack and large scale web services
* Ability to follow algorithm
* Deep understanding and comfort with MySQL designing and tuning (extra bonus points for noSQL database experience)
* Experience with any of the following (more than one? Even better!): Selenium, Fitnesse, Watir, etc
* Experience with unit testing frameworks such as junit, PUnit, Test::Unit, xUnit, etc.
* Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter, Apache Bench, httperf
* Experience in creating and maintaining test environments
* An excellent understanding of performance optimization at scale. Ability to figure out bottlenecks in large distributed systems occur and how to solve them
* Ability to deliver solid code quickly. Mentor and motivate team members.
* Creative and critical thinking capabilities
* Self motivated, independent and pro-active problem solver
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
* Open minded about new technologies that push the envelope
* Knowledge of Agile development process is add-on.