To direct and manage the implementation of the projects from conceptualization stage up to final handing over for operation. Ensuring all aspects of project management including technical specifications, quality, cost and time are met.
1. Provide leadership, implementing manpower plans, subcontracting services as appropriate and motivating staff to seek demanding standards while recognizing their contribution so that they feel strongly motivated and empowered.
2. Manage and develop the project scope, project targets/objectives and project plan.
3. Plan, control and manage the development of specifications, design and detail engineering. Receive approval of the above
4. Develop and manage annual budgets and projects plans that accurately represent current and anticipated projects and development costs and so as to allow accurate business planning and cost management.
5. Monitor the construction and erection work including the approval of reports for the management.
6. Plan, Coordinate & facilitate delivery of project objectives are met.
7. Quality assurance of supplies including coordination with third party
8. Encourage and ensure the adherence HSE regulations for safety of assets and manpower meeting best in class standards of incidents.
9. Continuously review the scope for improvement in project management processes and project performance, drawing out lessons learned and recommends changes where necessary, ensuring motivation and a drive for excellence are built in the project management and delivery.
10. Manage contingencies as and when they arise in the implementation of the project
11. Pro-actively communicate project status, issues and risks to management
12. Motivate and encourage the Premium Steel project team, the consultants and the contractors to work as a disciplined team
Bachelors Degree in Engineering Mechanical Engineering.
15 years of project management experience in steel plant projects.
Good Command on English Language is a must.
Should have managed a team of multi- national and multi-cultural team.
Should have a capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of team.
Sound knowledge of project management tools
Sound knowledge of tender procedures, vendor pre-qualification, consultant pre- qualification and good exposure to financial planning.
IT skills - Good skills with project management tools MSP or Primavera