Job Title: Project Manager Department: Administration
Reports to: Chief Operations Manager Location: New Delhi
The Project is responsible for the overseeing and managing the building project in collaboration with the PMC and the COM. He is ultimately responsible for the quality control of the building Project and will assist the COM in the delivery of the project within agreed timelines.
1. Quantity Survey & contractors' bill passing, in addition to the PMC, including:
* Checking the measurements of work done by contractors and passed by the PMC. Checking the calculations of work done by contractors, based on the measurement.
* Carry out independent site measurements of work done by contractors, as needed.
* Compare the cumulative quantities and rates in contractors' bills vis--vis the BOQ in the contract. Anomalies to be highlighted and resolved.
* Recommend rates to be applicable for additional items if any, based on market rates/ contract conditions.
* Recommend contractors' bills for payment after checking the BOQ and approving it after due corrections.
2. In addition to the work done by the PMC, to take necessary actions for ensuring the quality of construction, including:
* Checking and approval of incoming material and construction equipment, as needed.
* Where needed, approving skilled workmen of the contractors.
* Being fully conversant with design drawings and ensuring they are being followed by contractors.
* Checking the adherence to acceptable work process and diligence of work by all contractors, to achieve the required work quality as per IS / NBC Standards/ Tender documents. Ensuring that structural strengths envisaged in the design are not compromised.
* Deciding on the process of quality control test and their periodicity for all packages of the project (civil, interior, MEP, landscaping, networking,) in consultation with the respective consultant / architect through PMC and ensuring that it is being followed correctly. Interpreting the test results and taking necessary action to ensure smooth flow of project execution & to maintain the agreed project schedule.
* Making surprise visits during concreting time in the night or any other work during odd hours and ensuring that the quality is maintained and not compromised.
* Supervising the commissioning/ testing as per procedure in coordination with PMC/ consultant/architects.
* Advising the contractors through PMC at appropriate times either before execution, or at the time of execution on the correct processes as mentioned in IS / NBC standards or tender documents which are to be followed for ensuring quality & ensure it is implemented without affecting project completion timelines.
* In case of poor quality work, flag it to the consultant through PMC & take remedial actions as per NBC norms & get it rectified within the agreed time schedule.
* To work in coordination with PMC team/ Consultant / Architect to meet the school's target of going live by Aug 2016.
* Attending/ regular meetings with all contractors along with PMC to ensure that desired quality/work progress is maintained and executed as per NBC/tender document.
* Have a tight control on PMC/Contractor on work progress & update the COM for any anomalies/deviation.
* Support the facilities team by providing technical guidance and identifying the right vendor in terms of supervision of major jobs whenever required to ensure that the operation of the school is not affected by the project at any given point of time.
3. To be the key resource person for all matters in the project which include Civil, MEP and landscaping and ensuring that the latest drawings are being issued and followed by the contractors for execution.
The secondary responsibilities shall be:
* To assist the COM in managing the construction site, contractors & PMC.
* To assist the COM in timely completion of the project, while meeting the cost & quality criterion.
* To contribute to systemic working and documentation.
* To keep an eye on safety related issues at site and identify for the project, alternate solutions as appropriate.
* To be proactive about health and safety issues which affect the school's functioning, like noise, dust and unhygienic conditions in the construction area &proposeeffective ways to resolve the same within the available timeline and resources.
* Graduate Engineer from a reputed institute
* Minimum 10 years' of experience with reputed organizations in construction of buildings
* Should have experience in independently managing the QS/ bill checking & QA function
Skills & Knowledge:
* Good knowledge of building construction techniques & processes
* Good knowledge of QS techniques and market rates
* Good knowledge of quality assurance, quality control processes and testing techniques
* Good skills in understanding construction drawings and designs
* Good skills in project site and project execution management; good handling of contractors, PMC and site engineers
* Good knowledge of project documentation and possessing aptitude for systematic working
* Good skills in MS Office software's, AutoCAD and preferably MS Project