Qualification: B.E. / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Language Known: English & Thai is Must
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
1. Experience in Industrial Project Management
2. Knowledge of Heavy Industry (Iron & Steel, Metallurgy, Lime, Cement etc.)
5. Exposure to Primavera / Microsoft Planning tools & AutoCAD
6. Open to Travel (Around 50%)
1. The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager in the administration of project cost and scheduling systems; performs estimating functions for changes and addenda; supervises the document and drawing control systems; ensures the smooth flow of information between the design team, consultants and contractors.
2. Requires a broad knowledge of administrative practices and skill in negotiation with representatives of the vendors and other organizational entities.
3. Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment.
4. Assists Vendor's construction engineers and superintendents in interpreting design drawings and monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
5. Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on-site.
6. Administers assigned contracts.
8. Administers subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
9. Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets
10. Coordinate all the life cycle of the industrial projects (pre-engineering, engineering, procurement, construction and project management) subcontracted to external engineering/project companies.
11. Ensure that the projects assigned are performed correctly in terms of customer satisfaction, technical aspects but also all other aspects (safety, legal, environment, ...), time schedule, budget and are in accordance with the company standards meaning:
i. Project management: mainly to ensure that the engineering company in charge of the project is respecting all aspects of the project. To anticipate possible problems and to take corrective action before problems happen
ii. Project control : Help PM in preparation of monthly project progress reports and communicate the critical items to headquarters
iii. Risk management : check and follow-up the risk management strategy for the project
iv. Procurement : analyze the proposals of the subcontractors for the different parts of the project, propose to the technical team the different solutions with comments in order to simplify the final decision
v. Budget and schedule : implement strict project and financial control
vi. Hand-over and close-out : define the overall commissioning, validation & handover organization and implement to ensure a timely and complete handover