We are looking to fill a permanent position of project engineer/manager in planning, design and management of civil and municipal engineering projects.
As a project engineer/manager, you will be involved in a variety of civil engineering projects, specifically in the field of municipal engineering: water systems, sewer, municipal roads, airports, sea, etc.
While more generally, the functions may include project management, implementation of municipal/civil infrastructure design as well as the monitoring of construction sites.
- Do the design of work in civil and municipal engineering.
- Manage engineering projects as a whole from conception to realization.
- Participate in the preparation of technical specifications and bidding documents and assist in the analysis of the bids.
- Participate in the preparation of work programs for the design of civil and municipal work.
- Develop procedures and do the management of project activities, including monthly progress reports.
- Participate and coordinate design activities.
- Participate in risk analysis workshops and update the risk registers.
- Attend workshops of value analysis.
- Perform detailed technical analysis, interpret data, making summaries and reports.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Develop implementation and construction strategies.
- Be able to supervise the members of a project team to ensure the quality of work and compliance with the regulations, laws and standards.
- Prepare offers.
- All other related tasks.
- Hold a civil engineering degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in municipal engineering.
- Be a member in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec.
- Project management experience in public and private infrastructure.
- Technical expertise in the planning and design of urban infrastructure.
- Have a good knowledge of the methods and design tools for water, sewer and storm drainage.
- Have a good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written.
- Be prepared to travel occasionally on different sites in Quebec and North America.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to develop, coordinate work programs to meet cost objectives, quality and schedule.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.