Job Title : Project Engineer - Liaison engineer
Reporting To : Program Manager /Team Lead
GBU : Water Purification
Location : Goa
The right person for this position should have around 8 years of NPD experience in a manufacturing environment . This person should have a deep understanding of the Design and development process as well as should have experience of working and supporting cross-functional teams during the implementation of new products through the prototype validation to pilot builds and launch of the products. .
* Design of components and assemblies using Solidworks .
* Ability to undertake conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, specification development, and engineering drawings.
* Should be able to handle prototyping requirements, assemble prototypes and test them independently. Recommend adequate changes based on assembly and QA requirements.
* Ability to create drawings, BOMs, spec sheet, participate in DFMEA
* Should be able to generate realistic renderings in Solidworks as well as create diagrams to communicate manufacturing requirements to Engineering .
* Should be able to prepare schedule plans for effective implementation of projects based on inputs from cross-functional groups. MS-Project knowledge will be required.
* Global Project team members
* Engineering and Product Management Team
* Local cross -- functional teams
* External vendors and suppliers
Job responsibilities :
Provide engineering design within assigned project scope of work. Develop resolution of problems of limited scope following standard procedures.
Participate in testing and trials prior to production. Rationalize designs of components and assemblies for manufacturing and assembly requirements.
Part and drawing creation as per established principles and design guidelines.Enable ECN process and ensure that the data is organized, documented and stored properly
Perform Document Control function as well as report out progress of tasks to Engineering leader.
Coordinate with engineers at other locations to expedite projects.
Qualifications and Experience: A Bachelor's Degree in the field of Mechanical Design is required. A total of 8 years of experience in the design of mechanical components and computer aided design and drafting. Should have worked with quality, sourcing and manufacturing functions to communicate design intent and gather feedback for improving product designs. Expert knowledge of Solidworks - 3D modelling as well as 2D is required . Awareness of various manufacturing techniques and process is required. Water industry experience will be a plus.
1. Good communication and presentation skills
2. Should have a "can do" attitude
3. Courteous and good interpersonal skills
Interested candidates can share profiles to: firstname.lastname@example.org