The Programming Head is responsible for everything that one hears on the radio besides the advertisements in the city he/she operates from( In other words the product). The entire local programming team including the radio hosts, programming personnel, Music Manager and production personnel with report to him/her.
The programming head in turn has a matrix reporting structure i.e. 50% to the Station Director and 50% to the Chief Programming Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Developing a vision and the strategy to ensure that the station is completely differentiated in terms of content/ promos/ campaign plans from competition, caters to an International Mumbaikar and the needs of this International Mumbaikar
- Knowledge of International music( from the 70s to current)
- Develop a functioning work environment, timely delivery to sales and marketing,
- Critical on pre planning on local premium properties and how they dove tail into our proposition,
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly and yearly planning of promotions, reviews with hosts, analysis of on air programming and changes for product betterment
- Weekly Reports to the station head and NPH
- Ensuring the right balance between product and inventory. Anticipate high inventory time and be ready with solutions
- National contribution of promotions & properties
- People retention (keeping the team together) developing career paths, conducive work environment, instill sense of belonging, meaningful assignments
- Maintaining creative leadership over competition, entering recognized awards, developing an exciting and challenging product that our staff and outsiders want to be part of.