Are you an expert at helping customers move ideas from ambiguous to crystal clear- Do you thrive on developing programs and projects which deliver value to the entire organization- Does the thought of designing and developing systems which handle $20+ Billion of retail transactions excite you- If you are interested in designing the next stage of financial business systems and solutions, this role is for you.
Clients Global Financial Systems (GFS) team is currently recruiting a Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for driving the design and execution of the next generation financial systems programs in support of Amazon's highly scalable, elastic financial platform built on Amazon's AWS technology. The platform components will be utilized by Amazon's internal accounting, finance, and business executive teams, as well a by the external merchants and vendors.
The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering complex solutions for internal and external clients, collecting product and business requirements, writing functional specifications, driving the development schedule from design to release, making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and client project teams. The position requires working closely with software development teams in ordering, supply chain, fulfillment management and customer service, as well as external clients, on product development and business requirements.
The TPM will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. This individual will tackle configuration and debugging tasks through issue isolation and deductive reasoning, understand service interdependencies, drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems, mentor junior program managers, and build effective teams.
Global Financial Systems is a team of technical professionals responsible for the design, development, and management of technologies which support client's financial management teams and the vendors and merchants who utilize the Amazon.com platform. Our team, located at Amazon facilities throughout the world, is responsible for elevating the standards of technical stability, process and program execution, and lean operations for financial processes.
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Strong SQL skills to analyze data stored in relational databases
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java or C++ and one scripting language (Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Previous work experience in financial or accounting industry, especially in the tax area
- Formal training and execution experience with program management (PMI, PMP, SEI-CMM) and Agile (Scrum, XP) software development methodologies.