Candidate will lead Portescap gearbox platform development. Duties will include development of products roadmap and corresponding business cases, management of product development phases as well as industrialization phases, reporting progress to the team and working closely with beta customers.
This position will have a heavy emphasis on high level project management in an international and cross-functional organization. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the R&D experts, chief engineers, mechanical engineers, commercial and marketing team, operations, and end customers. A high degree of understanding of market and product platform is expected in parallel of technical agility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gearheads Market analysis:
- Generate / update comprehensive market analysis in collaboration with sales and marketing teams
- Set targets for Voice Of Customer activity, analyze takeaways
- Identify technical gaps
- Update competition map, organize benchmark analysis
- Set product development scenarios
- Organize prioritization, need for resource, and projects timeline
- Define and propose internal and external resources to align development plan to strategy
- Ensure realization of homogenous gearbox platform
- Drive cross functional project reviews and related events
- Coordinate different project phases with teams located in different places and different time zones
- Ensure good progress through tollgate (milestones) development process from the Danaher Business System.
- Be part of technical discussion with beta customers, and secure associated platform revenue
- Lead relationship with external partners in the field of gearboxes
- Reports developments status in PPG (Product planning group) meetings
- Reports periodically gearbox platform progress versus targets to the top management
- Line up industrialization plan with design reviews and process FMEAs takeaways
- Be involved in industrialization phases on site (Portescap India)
- Pilot product launch activity with help of marketing team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BE Mechanical / BE Electrical Engineering with 12-15 years of experience in related product design and project management.
- PMI Certification is a must, MBA is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in early development stages, including product roadmap, product definition, and voice of customer.
- Experience working in a tollgate (milestones) product development process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working closely with direct customers.
Global Travel -- 25 %