Exp in Banking Domain is a must.
The Business Data Steward will strategically and tactically manage business data related to an assigned functional area (e.g. Finance, Performance & Risk, Marketing, etc.) while ensuring high levels of data quality, availability and privacy. This individual will be responsible for monitoring adherence to governance policies, procedures and processes, establishing consistent understanding of data definitions, and monitoring/auditing the overall data quality within their respective domains.
Supports the data governance activities within a functional business area, specific activities include:
* Ensures data quality and data definition standards are developed and implemented
* Monitors overall data quality for assigned data elements
* Assists in defining and maintaining metadata and business rules
* Identifies and reports data quality issues, related to uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a timely fashion to the respective domain administrator
* Collaborates with different business groups to manage and resolve identified data quality issues
* Participates in projects needing to acquire or enhance data for respective business area
* Provides mediation and arbitration services between users or user groups in cases where there are disagreements or identified data issues within the domain of stewardship
* Constructs and maintains information flow diagrams relating to the stewarded data within the domain of stewardship
* Define, adopt, and execute data management processes
* Participates in regularly scheduled and ad hoc Data Community meetings, forums, work groups, and educational sessions
* Participates in training and meetings to facilitate the sharing of data across functional areas and understanding of stewardship best practices
* Provides subject matter expertise to the Data Governance Council to develop the Data Standards and Rules for Master Data
* Confirms that the enterprise data model accurately represents the data entity, its attributes and its relationship to other data entities when appropriate