Company: A leading Internet/E-Commerce giant as well as one of the largest Internet-based retailer
- Software product company experience (not suitable are Network, hardware product, support etc)
- Preferably worked on Java, J2EE/ C++/C# etc.
- Hands-on to design & architecture
- Hands-on to high level design & low level design
- At least Own few end to end long term product/ feature release
- Min 3-6 years in managerial role
- 5-15 direct reporters
- Comfortable with performance management / review metrics
- Have taken up few review cycles
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a strong leader, mentor, recruiter, and people manager
- Have experience in building and running distributed systems for online services at scale
- 12+ years of work experience in software development and 3+ years as a development manager
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience in machine learning design practices and implementation
- Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing peers and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business, legal, engineering, design, and other stakeholders to deliver products/services.