ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Production planning for the line
* Introduce various technical processes to enhance product quality and speed
* Ensure quality from making to finishing
* Should be responsible for running the garment dept. (Knitwear) including production planning, operation control, measuring and monitoring of product and the process.
* Inspection, taking corrective and preventive action.
* Identify areas of improvement.
* Routine office work
* Supervising labour - Leave approval(managing leaves), half days, skill development, hiring future knitters, etc.
* Get production done on time - organize time and planning to accommodate lost hours - ensuring production goal is achieved per worker
* Performance checks on workers
* Motivating workers to reach production goals
* Ensuring machines are in good working condition -- oiling them every 2 weeks
* Line performance analysis (efficiency) and plan for continuous improvements
* Organizing and recording seasonal production garment notes
* Instruct packing department for correct tagging and packing requirement
* Quality checks throughout production -- when in making, when panels have been knitted -- check throughout before the garment is finished.
* Keeping record of all incoming and issued items
* Checking stock levels during production and after orders are shipped for reorder
* Inventory management/planning/ order forecasting
* Ensure packing as per buyer's instruction (ratio, assortment, poly bag quality, tagging style, marking or labelling cartons etc.)
* Preparing packing list and forward it to the director
* Keeping record of all shipped orders, left out pieces and informing the same to production manager
* Giving instruction to the packing, folding team about the packing requirement time to time and buyer specific
* Knowledge of womenswear garments - knitwear/jumpers/fashion apparels
* Must have strong knowledge of knitted fabrics
* Must have basic knowledge of domestic knitting machine (hand knitting machine - brother)
* Ability to head entire production
* Must speak English, Hindi & Marathi
* Able to take decisions
* Must be a dynamic & proven leader
* Be very strong in sourcing
* Expertise in quality, planning and technical aspects