1. To plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
2. Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers expectations.
3. Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans.
4. Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
5. Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
6. Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes. Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
7. Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume
8. Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered and that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
9. Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all
10. Employees positive involvement with opportunity for construction input and action.
11. Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee
12. Safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
13. Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
14. Responsible for Kaizen activities or reducing the Consumer Cost
15. Updating plant level data.
16. Deployment of TPM Policy & Objective.