Core competencies :
MPLS and IPVPNs essential
Access technologies Ethernet / Private Line / xDSL essential
Two or more of the following would be desirable :
Access technologies Mobile 3G/LTE
Software Defined Networks (SDN)
Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
Ethernet WAN deployments (Virtual Private Wire Service / Virtual Private LAN Service)
Security Overlays (DMVPN/GETVPN or similar)
Application deployments (Application Visibility/ Control/ Management / Riverbed)
- Able to script and write technical document
- Know Understand Product architecture
o Have knowledge of network design/IT/business process
o And not just low level design
- Focus to get : Technically confident in Ethernet( understanding network architecture)
- If not then below is must
- Global environment experience( product design)
- Understand handling different network.
- have product development experience
This role is part of team within the fixed connectivity product development area responsible for the development and delivery of carrier products. The portfolio of products and services covered are key to the carrier strategy and include both data and voice products.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the design, development, and successful delivery and management of solutions to support demands from EP&S customers
- To be the Product Design Authority, ensuring that the Product Requirements (as defined within the Market Requirements Specification (MRS) are met by owning the overall design
- Determine product/service technical building blocks and how they interact with each other.
- translate functional and non-functional requirements into solutions that span the end-to-end technical implementation
- Having complete oversight of the scope/ nature of design testing and review/ signoff of exit documentation for build & test
To clearly articulate and provide guidance to the functional towers (Networks/ IT / Service Design etc.) on the interpretation of the MRS. Assisting the functional towers in development of key NPD deliverables such as the Memorandum of Service Understanding (MoSU), Concept Service Brief (CSB) and Business Requirements Specification (BRS).
- Manage own associated project budget ensuring efficient use of development resources to deliver products that in turn generate the revenue targets defined by the commercial business cases.
- Identify, secure and manage resources required for projects.
- Ensure Customers benefit from the latest technological advances to get the best possible customer experience and identifying opportunities for innovation of the product portfolio
- Through demonstrable cross-functional experience drive virtual team to become the recognized point-of-contact within Technology for your products
- Deliver the technical Product Collateral (level 5) such as the Technical Service Description, technical options paper and provide Solutions Consultant guidance that underpins the product.