Key areas of accountability
* Procurement Link in Development Center, executes cost down and new product introduction projects.
* Drives concept savings in new product development in close cooperation with R&D, Marketing, Quality, SCM and development.
* Represents procurement in a development center and ensures early supplier involvement. Participates in DfX conventions for the assigned business.
* Provides should-cost assessments for newly proposed products. Drives request for quotation process based on the Forward Procurement List. Drives the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams.
* Supports the Supplier Quality Manager in new supplier component release process as part of the Advanced Quality Plan (AQP), including compliance and sustainability aspects.
* Aligns needs with competitive landscape and technology roadmaps. Provides input for make or buy analysis. Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up).
* Provides input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements. Orders tools and samples related to new product development.
* Executes and supports phase in - phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction.
* Identifies opportunities in the new product design process through target costing, and managing cost drivers and data sources to improve the design decision making.
* Supports price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short and/or long term product cost reduction improvement.
* Supports the deployment of early supplier involvement through target costing and tracking for assigned product.
* Owns the delivering of cost elements for assigned product, as required improving total cost of ownership for the cost roadmaps for key products.
* Leads the development of an effective set of cost models to track "target cost" status for assigned product. Analyzes cost trends, develop and review cost forecasts.
* Maintains updates to the cost drivers for assigned product and ensure that information is available as required.