Oracle is seeking a C++ Software Engineer join Peoplesoft's PeopleTools product development division . We are looking for a talented engineer who can work with various groups within the development Organization and enhance the Peoplesoft application by implementing new features and work with support team on issues /bugs reported by customers on GA'ed PeopleTools release.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you have thorough knowledge of Object Orient programming concepts and has worked on Enterprise application development and support . He/She should have a strong capacity to conceptualize, to synthesize requirements , writing functional and technical documents and coming up with the POC before the feature is integrated with the product .
Roles and Key responsibilities :
* Develop complex software in C++ (Windows and Unix), following coding standards in accordance with Oracle's software development methodology and release processes
* Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems,build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
* Creates and executes designs for new functionality as part of a software project
* Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
* Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
* Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
* Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
* Evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
* Works collaboratively and professionally with others in cross-functional teams to achieve goals
* Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
* Review product and/or application information including documents and release notes for technical accuracy
* Participate in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and scoping.