Our clients a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the retail space through a new subscription service for women's clothing. They allows women to expand and extend their existing closets with new designers, prints, styles that they may have never tried before. They aim to help women change their relationship to shopping and fashion by allowing them to experience Clothing without Commitment.
They are seeking a highly motivated Principal engineer/Architect with expertise in building scalable, extensible and user-friendly web applications, identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks, collaborate with other team members to innovate current/new products; Identify, communicate and implement best practices for application engineering.
Their engineering process is fully agile, and has a really fast release cycles - which keeps their environment very energetic and fun.
What they are looking for:
- A self starter who is passionate about web and media technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience in server side Event driven programming using Node.js
- Experience in SEO and development of mobile apps.
- Ability and experience in evaluation of third party systems that are in the consideration set for integration with their front-end systems (e.g. Advertisement platforms, Analytics Engines etc)
- Focus on front-end, but with experience in back-end in order to understand the impact and ramifications of architectural decisions on the front-end.
- Experience in Data Structures, Algorithms and their optimization.
- Passion for performance benchmarking and debugging.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of web standards (i.e. REST/SOAP) concepts
- Knowledge of version control (GIT) and databases (MySQL)
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, design, develop, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multiple site organisation).
- Experience in Test-driven development.
What you will be doing:
- Architect, Design and build scalable web applications.
- Work closely with designers to implement versatile front-end solutions while embracing emerging standards and pushing the limits of what a browser can do.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new front-end web technologies
- Ensure cross browser compatibility and performance
- You will advocate for good, clean, well-documented and performant front-end code; follow standards and best practices for front-end development.
- Ability to deliver great results in an agile development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- B.Tech in Computer Science from Top ranked colleges in India