In this role you will:
- be responsible for planning and design of all building services elements and infrastructure networks of the particular disciplines.
- be responsible for concept design based on evaluation for various options in coordination with architectural, structural input and in accordance with initial load estimates.
- do design calculations and quantity estimation.
- ensure all design work is carried out in accordance with Company's quality standard procedures
- ensure checking of all design output and seamless coordination between other sections/disciplines.
- lead design team for completing deliverables within time limits
- effective task management through performance management of design engineers and CAD Technicians.
- ensure accountability and delivery as also profitability by monitoring design cost
- actively share knowledge and experience with other staff in the section and organization particularly to help coach and develop more junior staff.
Candidate should be :
- B.E./B.Tech in Electrical Engineering discipline.
- have 15 plus years' of experience in Electrical building services design, in roles of increasing responsibility and project complexity.
- have experience in high rise buildings/shopping malls/hotels/metro projects etc.,
- should be proficient in Electrical design software like AMTECH / ETAB, DIALUX, Earth Grid study etc.
- well versed in reviewing and checking of drawings and calculations.
- preparation of reports such as Design Basis, concept, schematic etc., and technical specifications.
-good awareness and knowledge in developing BOQ
- Familiarity with local authority codes and regulations such as of Local Electricity Authority, civil Defence
-good knowlege of relevant international codes and regulations such as BS/BSEN/NFPA etc.,
- knowledge in sustainable , green building design practices and rating guidelines.
- handle design independently and lead a team of Engineers and technicians/modellers and do time and resource management.
- should have good oral and written communication skills and liaise with clients directly
- Mott MacDonald is a leader in the adoption of BIM and therefore the use of Revit/AECOsim would be highly regarded.