Principal Engineer will provide the technical leadership to the team of design engineers and CAD technicians for the projects assigned to him. He/she would be responsible for supervising the team in respect of project delivery. He/she would be responsible for technical performance of team and would assist HoD/Technical manager in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
Key Job Areas:
As a team leader of the Building team you will be responsible for:
* Communicating with clients, assuring quality of deliverables and managing timely deliveries.
* Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline
* Study of customer inputs, analyze and plan the tasks.
* Work in collaboration with Structural Design Engineers and project execution.
* Ensure on-time delivery of Concrete / Steel Design drafting, as per commitment and scope, in line with full functionality of the system.
* Workload management, staffing and resourcing
* Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
* Participate in technical reviews and contributing to tech discussions
* Develop unique concepts/solutions for complex problems
* Assist HoD in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
* Take on the role key account manager; help the GEC training academy in preparing the training material/imparting the trainings.
* Mentoring and supervising less experienced engineers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
* B.E/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. M.E/ M. Tech would be desirable.
* Must possess at least 12+ years of experience working on designing Concrete / Steel structures.
* Dynamic persons to lead a team of design engineers and detailers focused on the design of Concrete / Steel structures.
* Experience in designing concrete / steel structures, both super structure and sub-structure is essential.
* Experience with detailing of structures using Tekla software is a plus, but not essential. Also, exposure to the European design code (Euro code)/ British Codes (BS) / American Codes (ACI) will be added advantage.
* Experience of working on projects from UK/ Scandinavian countries/ Middle East countries is welcome.
* Most importantly candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the statics of structures, must have in depth experience at designing structural members and connections, and must be able to effectively manage a team of engineers and detailers.
* Good English communication skills are required. And should be able to communicate with his/ her counterparts from other countries.