As a principal design engineer the individual shall primarily be responsible for -
- Supervising engineering efforts on multiple projects and coordinating with lead engineers to define workshare scope, budgets & schedules.
- Establishing work processes with leads to ensure compliance with Quality requirements.
- Participating, as required, in project schedule review meetings.
- Helping Leads in establishing other discipline interface requirements and generate need list to support the control level schedules.
- Reviewing work plans with leads to meet progress targets and schedule requirements. Tracking progress of specific activities and to monitor team productivity using these plans.
- Keeping the task force informed on the project developments / decisions affecting their work areas and to share discussions with prime office/ Client.
- Ensuring proper change management system implementation in terms of effort hours, Schedule and material impacts
- Performing peer reviews & QCC checks, participating in gate reviews and prime office/ Client comments on deliverables and implementing remedial measures as necessary.
In addition the individual should possess design engineering / technical experience & in-depth knowledge in -
- Development of Overall Plot plan
- Equipment layouts
- Piping layouts
- Stress Analysis
- Support Design
- Piping MTO handling and control for the project
Basic Job Requirements
Engineering graduate with a minimum of 25 years relevant experience in a Consulting / Engineering (EPC environment) pertaining to Hydrocarbon / Petro-chemical / Oil & Gas sectors.
Other Job Requirements
- Applicable international standards & codes
- Applicable local/statutory codes and standards (TAC/ IBR/ CCE)