- As principal design engineer the individual shall primarily be responsible for -
- Supervising engineering efforts on multiple projects and coordinating with lead engineers to define the workshare scope, budgets & schedules.
- Establishing work processes with leads to ensure compliance with Quality requirements.
- Participating, as required, in project schedule review meetings.
- Helping Leads in establishing other discipline interface requirements and generate need list to support the control level schedules.
- Reviewing work plans with leads to meet progress targets and schedule requirements. Tracking progress of specific activities and to monitor team productivity using these plans.
- Keeping the task force informed on the project developments / decisions affecting their work areas and to share discussions with prime office/ Client.
- Ensuring proper change management system implementation in terms of effort hours, Schedule and material impacts
- Performing peer reviews & QCC checks, participating in gate reviews and prime office/ Client comments on deliverables and implementing remedial measures as necessary. In addition the individual should possess functional/ technical experience in -
- Developing/ reviewing P&ID's, Instrument Sizing & Selection, and participating in AZOP/LOPA/PHA & SIL.
- Procurement of Field Instruments, Analyzers and Systems (DCS/PLC/Building Automation) including preparation/review of instrument datasheets, requisitions, carry out technical bid evaluations, review of vendor documents and participation in inter-discipline interface.
- Inspection of instruments/ FAT / SAT and erection / commissioning supervision.
Basic Job Requirements :
Engineering graduate with a minimum of 20 years relevant experience in a Consulting / Engineering (EPC environment) pertaining to Hydrocarbon / Petro-chemical / Oil & Gas sectors
Other Job Requirements :
- Good knowledge of major industry Codes and Standards (e.g., API, ISA, IEC, ISO etc.) - Software skills for design and calculations. (SPI, Instrucalc etc.)
Preferred Qualifications :
Engineering degree from a reputed university.