Job Description :
OTC Derivative Settlement, part of the Derivatives Processing Center has 35 employees and requires operations leadership/expertise managing matrix reporting relationship. The incumbent should have strong relationship skills to manage relationships with Clients, Organization's Middle Offices and Front Offices.
- Settlements is an Investment Banking Derivatives Operations process involving settlement of cash flows booked in risk management system in line with ISDA (International Swaps and Derivative Association) guidelines and internally defined systems and processes.
- Close Interaction with Fed 14 counterparts globally
- Ability to master and represent organization on cross industry forums call
- Manage and lead a group of Settlements personnel @ 35 people.
- Master and lead change management of all organization's Derivative systems for Rates, Credit and Equity Settlements.
- EMEA shift
- Knowledge of global payment systems, CLS, ECFM, SWIFT,SWIRE and LCH
- Knowledge of Derivative products.
Education/Professional Qualifications :
- Degree in Business Administration or Chartered Accountancy or Law or Chartered Secretary with 12+ years of work experience else 15+ years of work experience
Core Skill-sets :
- Candidate should possess strong knowledge of Banking operations.
- Leadership skills to drive discussions and lead the group
- Relationship building with diverse groups and senior executives.
- Have an affinity or ability for systems thinking.
- People management experience
Job Requirements :
- Leadership, Leads by example and is an effective role model (e.g. takes the lead and actions reflect an appropriate level of independence; demonstrates the ability to initiate and effect change and continuous improvement, contributes significantly to the on-going development of people.)
- Communication Is organized, clear and confident in written and oral communications. Actively engages in discussions offering expertise, opinions and advice.
- People management Manages his human resources with active engagement and develops key talent. Leads by example.
- Teamwork Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility (e.g. effectively influences others to gain cooperation and address issues; initiates and is responsive to requests from other products, regions, etc.)
- Should be creative and innovative; challenges status quo; generates strategic advice/product/client solutions
- Have a track record of formulating innovative ideas and gaining buy-in from senior management in addition to a track record of execution/delivery/process improvement/leadership in a challenging environment