Practice Manager, Portfolio Analytics will provide methodologies, processes, architectures, and technologies that transform raw data into meaningful and useful information to support business performance management efforts.
A successful candidate for this role will have background in business intelligence tools and program implementation, data warehousing, predictive data analytics, statistical modeling, portfolio reporting and will possess profound technical skills in data manipulation.
The right candidate will work closely with the offshore staff and the GSE Ops team to identify areas for process improvement and assist the business associates in meeting their goals through the creation of process efficiency and reporting.
Responsibilities will include :
- Provide oversight & direction to a team of senior and junior portfolio analysts and act as a point of contact to the onshore team
- Support the delivery of portfolio performance reporting to GSE Ops Team, Investors and Business Units.
- Developing key tools, processes and timelines resulting in streamlined analysis supporting superior analytics.
- Coordinates the preparation and performs review of key monthly analysis of actual performance results relative to prior periods, forecasts, and plans.
- Collaborates with the business leaders on the preparation of clear, accurate compelling monthly performance reporting. Reviews for accuracy and completeness of key reports.
- Coordinates and reviews complex projects within the department ensuring timely completion and analytical interpretation.
- Assess business opportunities through data mining, statistical analysis and leveraging key business insights to deliver maximum operational efficiency with minimal cost.
- Influence internal clients on the best analytics approach to address their challenge.
- Requires integrating knowledge of business issues with expertise in analytical and statistical methodologies and customer data.
- Identify new sources of actionable data, data-capture mechanisms, and means of data-integration into databases.
- Participate in strategic initiatives by taking leadership roles on development and execution of projects.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical filed such as Engineering, Math, Physics, Accounting, Finance or Information Technology.
- MBA from a top tier school will be a plus; 5 years serving in a Business Intelligence and Analytics roles.
- Deep experience predictive and statistical data analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data technologies including large relational databases, data management, business intelligence toolset (i.e. SQL, Excel, Access, SAS, Business Objects, Cognos etc.).
- Assertive (yet diplomatic) personality and the ability to handle and embrace rapid change.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
- Ability to present and explain information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others and promotes understanding and consensus building.
- Strong consultation and presentation skills.
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguous situations.