1. Seek opportunities to promote MM expertise
2. Play a prominent role in external conferences
3. Write and encourage others to write and present papers
4. Support managers with customer visits and presentations
5. Promote knowledge of Group skills and expertise internally and externally
6. Act as a source for innovative ideas
7. Liaise with other units and divisions on the practice area.
1. Be aware of local markets and opportunities
2. Support business planning process
3. Provide input to proposals for large or unusual projects.
4. Represent, and b e the technical conscience for, the Unit in PPM
5. Take part in bid reviews for large or unusual projects
6. Review adequacy of proposed and actual staffing on large or unusual proposals
7. Understand the competition:
* Who are our future competitors? Where are new competitors being born .Where are existing competitors dying?
* Collate, analyze and disseminate competitor intelligence.
* Actively benchmark ourselves against competitors and generate learning.
Quality of delivery
1. Understand necessary practice tools and ensure that development of tools stays ahead of the market.
2. Carry out peer assist/reviews of relevant technical aspects of ongoing projects take place
3. Support on value engineering and risk management aspects of projects;
4. Support on construct-ability and safety reviews of projects;
5. Project troubleshooting, when required.
6. Review adequacy of proposed and actual staffing on large or unusual projects
7. Lead Professional Excellence groups
8. Identify and understand the practice specific risks and raise with the Divisional Risk Champion.
9. Ensure that there is sufficient reference/boilerplate material for bids.
10. Ensure that marketing material is up to date and available on mimi.
11. Ensure that suitably qualified and experienced staff are made available for checking and reviewing project deliverables.
12. Ensure that knowledge is shared between projects, particularly lessons learned from post-project reviews.
1. Be aware of capabilities/specialisms/competencies of local/regional staff in the sector
2. Identify and develop knowledge of key staff
3. Assist with staff development and recruitment
4. Facilitate the transfer of staff and/or work between Units/Divisions to optimise usage of resources and encourage development of skills in individuals
5. Coordinate and share work in the practice between sub-divisions
6. Motivate and encourage individuals to:
* Prepare and present technical papers in journals and at conferences.
* Enter innovative projects for awards; both internal and external, regional and national.
* Sit on technical committees that would enhance their own development and enhance the profile of MM.
* Organize lunchtime presentations
* Read and contribute to technical discussion groups.
* Feel pride for a project well done and celebrate.
Besides the above mentioned roles & responsibilities, the candidate would be expected to devote some of his time in working on the projects.
1. Degree in Project Management or Construction Management is preferred.
2. He should have minimum 25 years of experience in sectors like buildings, industry or infrastructure with minimum project value - 500 million US \$.
3. Good communication skills, writing skills, negotiation skills, inter-personal skills, presentation skills, etc. are essential for the desired position.