In this role the candidate will be a key contributor on a multi-functional team of Development Engineers, responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining platform infrastructure key to our software product line, writing design and functional specs, helping with the customer deployments and handling customer issues.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Linux guru: Strong understanding of Linux internals, with experience and knowledge of Red Hat/CentOS based distros, packaging
- Experience with Linux server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning
- Familiar with IPC, memory management, threading and various OS concepts
- Experience with applications for capacity management, performance monitoring, system redundancy, congestion control, resource monitoring, provisioning, and network systems connectivity
- Experience with distributed system design
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, particularly with networking and the TCP/IP stack
- Understanding of VMware based infrastructure
- Understanding of VMware vSwitch and vCloud
- Good proficiency in C/C++ and Linux
- Capability to design scalable and robust system is a must
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Analysis of defect reports and traces, followed by development of bug-fixes or enhancements to the system
- BS/MS in CS/EE; or equivalent training, education and experience.