Main Purpose of Job :
As an integral part of a global team, provide regional SAP technical (Basis) support services under AIX, Linux, Windows platform, interfaced systems, systems administration, implementation, problem analysis, performance tuning and support all relevant infrastructure (ECC, BI, GRC, CRM, web dispatcher etc).
- Working at a technical level with an understanding of SAP, its underlying database, operating system, hardware platform(AIX/Linux/Windows with DB2/MSSQL) and networking principles.
- Interact with development teams, configuration teams, various technical support teams, and business stakeholders to optimize and maintain the overall SAP reliability, availability, and performance.
- Good hands on and working knowledge of SAP Basis / Netweaver Environment.
- Experience in administration of ECC, BI, GRC and CRM. Working experience in CRM on Demand preferred.
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve computing problems involving system hardware, third party software and operating system software.
- Provide performance tuning, problem analysis for db2 based SAP instances, specifically SAP ECC6, BI, CRM, Web Dispatcher etc.
- Knowledge of working in heterogeneous environment.
- Experience in SAP Correction and Transport System and overview of SAP Security management.
- Knowledge of single sign-on (SSO) solutions and handling of certificates with backend ECC system.
- Evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP R/3 and external systems.
- Ability to work as a part of a global team
- Strong drive to learn and share new technical knowledge
Position Competencies :
- Very good communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- English oral and written communication skills.
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor's degree mandatory (prefer Computer Science or related field).
- 4-6 years of SAP Basis administration experience.
- 2-3 years of database administration and performance tuning experience (db2 and/or MSSQL).
- Strong UNIX system administration experience
SAP Basis experience with components mentioned below:
- ECC, BI, GRC and CRM(CRM ondemand preferred)
- ABAP and Java stack
- Web Application Server
- Single-Sign On
- Solution Manager
- Web Dispatcher
- Experience with handling bolt-ons
SAP Certification (added advantage)
- Provide out of normal hours support (weekends) when need arises
- Provide cover for public holidays when need arises
- Initial few weeks the work timing will be India timing, but will then move to UK timing or 11 am - 8 pm to provide connect with Sing, UK and US.
Note: Looking for immediate or 7-15 days notice period