As an Oracle Database Developer, you will be part of the NOC team that supports and maintains mission critical products. You will be involved in ensuring the availability of the Products and the infrastructure on which they are hosted. You will be learning about the supported Products and related technologies. You will be working closely with the SME teams in US that have expertise on these. You will be collaborating with the US NOC and Product Managers and SMEs in carrying out your day to day activities. You will also be coordinating across various infrastructure and DBA team while supporting the products that are part of the NOC. You will have access to various monitoring and troubleshooting tools that you would be using to do an investigation and resolve issues. You would also be responsible for doing a Root Cause Analysis and take necessary Corrective Actions to prevent reoccurrence of issues.
The Database developer will be part of a team that supports a mission critical ETL database warehouse system. The candidate will be responsible for development, implementation of enhancement changes, resolution of defects, and operations and maintenance efforts based on business requirements.
* Design, develop, test, and implement code for a large ETL data warehouse application
* Perform Data analysis, data transformations, and conceptual data modeling
* Hands-on development of complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers using PL/SQL.
* Create, develop, and deploy enhancements and bug fixes to support ongoing operations of the warehouse database
* Create DDL scripts, database objects like Tables, Views Indexes, Synonyms and Sequences.
Qualifications & Skills required
* Databases Oracle 11gR2, PL/SQL, PERL, Shell Scripting, XML, Apex, TOAD, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, SQL*Net
* 5+ years in hands on writing Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, functions, and Triggers.
* 5+ years of experience with Data Warehouse methodologies and best practices.
* 5+ years hands on ETL coding
* 3+ years Oracle Apex programming
* Extensive knowledge in XML parsing using XML DB
* Strong experience in Performance tuning of SQL queries involving large tables.
* Hands on experience with partitioning and sub partitioning of tables in Oracle
* Experience in Unix shell scripting
* Knowledge of PERL is a plus
* Experienced in Linux work environments, file transfers, job scheduling and error handling.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills, with experience working with business, IT, and technical stakeholders
* Proficient in interaction with the business users by conducting meetings with the clients in Requirements Analysis phase.
* Excellent analytical/ communication skills and good team player.