strong analytical and technical ability and 6-8 years' experience in Oracle. Able to work independently, has good communication skills, Has experience in working on complex and medium to large projects.
-- A talented and experienced Java developer and hands on experience in full stack development model.
-- We operate to highest standards in our development process and would welcome a standout Java developer to play a pivotal role in developing the platforms for our multiple regulatory applications using latest cutting edge technologies. Regulatory Control is a rapidly growing area, so there is a great opportunity for candidates interested in challenging work on strategic products.
- The position is based in India and is required to review the day to day delivery work, ensuring a robust process implementation, identifying project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation.
- Applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs
- The candidate will work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
-- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources
* A highly Design and build asset class data model to support regulatory reporting function of a bank
* Establish data modeling naming standards, abbreviations, guidelines and best practices
* Drive the data model review process and solicit users' feedback
* Counsel with Subject Matter Experts on specifics topics in order to accurately capture existing business rules/principles
* Analyze legacy applications, including both data content and a structure and review source code to derive necessary information
* Propose new database architecture, support data migration from an existing Legacy system to a new structure
* Educate internal and external team members on data modeling techniques, database design methodologies
* Develop innovative DB solutions based on business requirements and technical challenges
* Ensure to complete and deliver all assigned tasks on time with quality
* Need to multitask working simultaneously on more than 1 task at any given time
* Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project
* Research and apply new technologies and best practices for development and deployment process improvements
* Projects in the Operations Regulatory Control Technology area are run in iteration lifecycles with agile practices, so experience of agile development and scrums is highly beneficial.
*5--8 years of industry experience with at least 2 years of investment banking
* Familiar with regulatory reporting processes with strong understanding of trading, accounting, back office operations and MIS
* Experience in designing enterprise scale conceptual, logical and physical data model
* Passion for data exploration and data discovery is critical for this role
* Familiarity with ER data modeling techniques, as well as star schema; understanding of OLAP vs. OLTP database design principals
* Experience in database performance tuning, optimization and maintenance
* Adept at writing efficient Structured Query Language (SQL) using various SQL-development software packages including Oracle PL/SQL
* Strong knowledge on build (Ant/Maven), continuous integration (Jenkins), code quality analysis (SonarQube) and unit and integration testing (JUnit)
* Experience of working on end to end data warehouse projects will be considered added advantage
* Organized and able to deliver in multiple projects in the stream
* Passion for research, ideation and exploration
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team
* Bachelor's degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
* Candidate should be willing to work late in the evening India time on need basis in order to interact with onshore team and to meet urgent requests by Clients.