Overall Role Purpose
Responsible for the day to day management and maintenance of the internally supported elements of PGDS UK Networks infrastructure .
* Business Units: UKIO, M&G, M&G RE , GHO, Corporate Property (UK), PGDS (UK)
* All Firewall Infrastructure (Palo Alton & CheckPoint)
* BlueCoat Security Gateway infrastructure
* Cisco ASA VPN Infrastructure
* UK Data Center
* US Data Center
* Be seen as a key individual within the PGDS UK Networks team supporting the networks security infrastructure for the aforementioned business units.
* Effectively process incoming incident and request tickets, through to a resolution agreed with the customer.
* Attend and contribute to incident reviews relating to both Networks and other domain issues.
* Ensure that Service Level Agreements are achieved and that all systems remain fully operational.
* Produce and maintain documentation relating to network systems.
* Produce detailed change plans & co-ordinate change implementation
* Undertake activities as required by Corporate Property to ensure effective site power downs and recoveries.
* Represent changes at relevant CAB meetings.
* Work with PGDS Security & GWIA to carry out activities to ensure risk and audit compliance.
* Identify and drive out process improvement activities.
* Provide information required by the Capacity Planning team and work with them to ensure accurate capacity reporting for Network Security systems.
* Perform out of hours change activities where the job demands.
* Participate in the 24x7 on-call rota and undertake activities required to address out of hours incidents.
* Work with the Network Projects team to ensure that new services transition smoothly into production and can be fully supported.
* Undertake activities as required to ensure Networks Security software releases are running at appropriate revision levels.
* Ensure all PGDS administrative activities are undertaken as required for example, time-sheets.
Job Requirements - Key Knowledge and Skills
* Excellent problem diagnostics and resolution skills.
* Ability to define and maintain configuration backup schedules
* Appreciation of data, voice, video and multimedia technologies
* Provide clear and succinct communications to stakeholders in regards to incident and change management activities
* Broad knowledge of the Financial Services sector.
Mandatory technical skills required
* Good experience using network analysis and packet capture tools (at least 2 years, ideally 5 or more)
* Ability to upgrade and recover code to network hardware, crash file extraction and device integrity interrogation (2-5 years experience)
* Good knowledge of at least one of Palo Alto or CheckPoint firewall technologies (5 years experience).
* Awareness of data centre technologies, TCP/IP, routing, switching (5 years experience).
* Good knowledge of BlueCoat Security Gateway technology along with BCAAA, SGAV, ICaP & SSL Termination (5 years experience).
Desirable technical skills required
* Awareness of Cisco ASA VPN solutions
* Awareness of Citrix Netscaler Load balancing technology.
* Ability to define and maintain configuration backup schedules (2-5 years experience)
Technical Certifications required if any:
* None essential
Other Experience/Skills Required:
* Good written and verbal skills are essential and proven track record of communicating and working with UK organizations.
Job Requirements - Attributes
* Well organized with excellent prioritization skills
* Good planning skills
* Self starter demonstrating drive and enthusiasm.
* Good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present to management.
* Good team player with willingness to share knowledge.
* Ability to coach and encourage less experienced members of the team
* Awareness of PGDS strategy and global plans and ability to interact with all levels in these global teams.
* Good customer relationship skills.
* Able to effectively listen to, communicate with, challenge and influence team members, peer groups, suppliers, and management
Requirement to travel within the UK and to overseas offices occasionally.