A. Purpose of the Role
Describe what would happen if this role did not exist.
The Natioanl sales manager shoulders the overall New sales development for LN online solutions for entire Indian Sub Continent. He is responsible for ideation of innovative ways of scaling up business to meet and exceed the allocated quotas through promotional schemes and projects. His core responsibility is ensuring consistent and robust sales growth through the onfield sales team across different regions. Manpower projections, Recruitment, selection, training, skill development, presentations, reports, market intelligence, etc fall under the realms of his overall responsibility. As a people manager he has to act as a guiding force to the team members by providing directions and solutions in challenging times. He also has to ensure smooth day to day sales operations and adherence to sales processes.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
Describe the 4-6 Key Result Areas of the role that are unlikely to change from one year to the next. Divide these into Steps explaining the main activities. Assign a percentage of time spent on each major category.
Core Accountabilities Outputs and Agreed Method of Measurement
(How will we know when this has been achieved?) Importance % of Time
Sales Funnel creation and management * Meeting the allocated sales quota consistently for the vertical
* Review the funnel periodically and ensure its good strength
* Preparing contingency and back up plans High 25%
Client Servicing and Customer retention * Assisting and responding to customer queries promptly and ensuring timely closure
* Ensuring product trainings and effective customer relations
* Monitoring that customers have a pleasant experience throughout their subscription. High 25%
Payment Collections * Ensure that payments are collected within the allowed payment period for the region
* Monitoring outstanding payments and reviews with Regional Managers. Medium 20%
Team Management and development * Motivating, managing, coaching and developing the team members throughout and arranging for their training needs.
* Rewards and recognition for good performers. Medium 15%
Market Intelligence & Customer insights * Keeping a track of competition information and movement pertinent to given line of business.
* Passing relevant customer feedbacks to concerned departments internally and holding discussions with department heads to meet competition concerns if any. Medium 15%
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED ONLY FOR JOB EVALUATION/SLOTTING PURPOSES
C. Challenges and Decision Making Authority
Describe the major challenges or most difficult types of problems this position is expected to handle to perform this job. Indicate decisions which you are expected to make, decisions which you are expected to recommend. Give example(s).
* Have the tenacity to push for growth objectives in tough business conditions.
* Utilize the concepts solution and concept selling to overcome the inertia and clutter in the existing market.
* Developing constructive working relationships internal stakeholders.
* Multitasking -- being able to manage multiple opportunities and tasks at any given time.
* Adaptability -- towards changes and challenges in the internal and external business environments.
Estimate this position's responsibility for spending or conserving money, or operating budget for which you are accountable. Include: total annual payroll supervised; total amount -- operating budget accountable for; total annual budget.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
List the minimum and desired knowledge, education, skills and experience.
Education Qualification * A graduate in any discipline
* An MBA from a preferred B School is an added advantage
Experience * Minimum 9 - 12 years of sales experience in customer facing roles
* 4 years of team handling experience
* Exposure to B2B and B2C sales mandatory.
* Background of working with similar subscription or technology solutions.
* Clear understanding of account management
* Deep understanding of corporate and institutional buying cycles
* Solution selling and Concept Sales
* Adept in building and conveying value propositions
* Expert in presentation and analytical skills
* Demonstrated track record in client relationship development.
* Exposure of managing verticals independently and responsible for the performance of the vertical.
Competencies * Ability to learn and grow
* Is a role model to peers through professional conduct, integrity and attainment of results.
* Collaboration -- build strong relationships that ensure the attainment of sales and organizational objectives
* Commercial ability -- understands and utilizes economic, financial, and industry data to understand the customers' business, accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop solutions that address needs.
* Excellent communication skills and articulate
* Strong probing and negotiation ability
* High customer focus.
* Driving execution -- translates strategy and planning into operational reality. Collaborate with product specialists and others to effectively deliver solutions to customers.
* Effective problem solving -- undertakes comprehensive analysis of problems to assess most effective solutions and enlisting support of others to ensure problems are adequately solved.
* High levels of tenacity and EI (emotional intelligence) -- pursue everything with energy, drive, agility and a need to deliver in the face of resistance or pushback. Identify alternative approaches to achieve the desired result when unsuccessful.
* Team work -- in all work groups, participate enthusiastically, share your unique perspective, remain open to the views of others and collectively resolve internal and customer issues.
* Demonstrates effective leadership qualities leading to high delivery.
LexisNexis Competencies * Collaborates and partners to meet customer needs.
* Challenges the status quo.
* Drives to deliver.
* Actively coaches.
* Communicates openly and candidly.
* Shares knowledge and expertise.
* Energizes employees.
* Leads with integrity.
B. Interactions and Organizational Relationships
Identify the nature and type of contacts which the position requires. Indicate if these are peers, customers, supervisors etc.
Within * Sales Operations Manager
* Customer Service Manager
* Marketing Head/ Manager
* Finance Head/ Manager
* Administration Manager
* HR Head/ Manager
* Managing Director * Order bookings and activations
* Customer query resolutions
* Promotional support and collaterals
* Tracking customer payments
* Reimbursements and travel arrangements
* IT assets
* Contract negotiations
* ER issues, joining and separations for team.
* Updates Verticals performance
Outside * ON NEED BASIS
* Corporate Counsels
* Managing partners
* Librarians/ Knowledge managers
* Purchase managers/ committee members
* Distributors and marketing partners
* Deans/ Directors/ HODs
* Accountant/ Finance Manager
* Associations - ON NEED BASIS
- Probing/ Prospecting
- Offering value proposition
- Objection handling
- Payment collections
- Servicing and support