Responsible for :
- Meeting KPIs of Logistics function
- Creating systems/policies in the area of Logistics
- Keep track of the new models of business and develop suitable policies / practices that will optimise the company's performance.
- Oversight of Operations and interface with external environment
- Obtain best industry practices and contemporary technology solutions towards building the Logistics Capability.
Dimensions of the Job :
- Job requires significant external interaction with Internal Stakeholders, 3PL service providers, material handling equipment suppliers, packaging suppliers, supply chain & packaging consultants, real estate brokers, local manpower suppliers etc. It requires engagement with Logistics managers of other Companies operating in Ready made garment industry.
Principal Accountabilities :
Logistics Operations :
- To Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and have them agreed with senior management.
- Create SOP related to Logistics Operations and align the 3Pl service providers and Field Teams on the same post approval of the SOPs.
- Report performance of each warehouse - in relation to the requirements and service Level Agreements with internal stakeholders.
- Regularly benchmark internal performance against industry.
- Responsible for creating and managing the complete Logistics Budget which includes Rental, 3PL charges, Packing, Freight expenses.
- Identify continuous opportunities to reduce cost and enhance operation efficiency and quality.
Inventory Management :
- Regular review of warehouse inventory to identify slow moving inventory Monthly report back on performance - including shortages / shrinkage / theft / damage to inventory etc.
- Work with planning team towards ensuring timely availability of merchandise as per business requirement.
- Design processes to minimize the shortages and shrinkage in the inward and outward movement of inventory.
- Management of the un-tagged inventory received as returns.
- Physical verification of inventory at warehouse.
- Responsible for short listing and recommending for selection of Warehouse Service Providers and Negotiation of Rates.
- Responsible for facilitating the procurement of assets like Material Handling equipment's, packaging machines, Pallets by locating suppliers and setting in motion the process of procurement as per laid down processes.
Freight Optimization :
- Ensure timely delivery to the Stores, CSAs, LFR Customers, E Commerce and other business partners.
- Continuously update the vendor base of service providers.
- Set KPIs of Freight Performance of various service providers and that these are met.
- Review Optimization through Route/Frequency Optimization.
- Reverse Logistics operations - Design process for timely pick up of returns inventory.
- Review of Goods in Transit due to movement of inventory across locations and take steps to ensure timely delivery
Capability Building of the Operations Team :
- Identify the Training needs of the Logistics Team.
- Work with Internal/External consultants on identifying the right programs.
- Ongoing Training of 3PL employees working in the warehouse - set up process.
Operating Network :
- Internal : Managers across various roles working in Buying & Merchandising, Sales, Marketing, IT and Finance function
- External : Franchisee, Commission Agent, LFR & E-Commerce customers, Suppliers etc.
Education : MBA from Tier 1 campus or Tier 2 campus with appropriate experience. NITIE/ SP Jain/ IIT Pass outs preferred
Work experience :
- At least 8 years Retail experience in dealing with warehouses and transportation Logistics. Should have handled racked Warehouses, Transporters and Service providers directly in the previous assignment.