Role and Responsibilities:
This is a full-time position as a Moodle Consultant. The position entails the installation and configuration of Moodle LMS, handling design and upgrade Projects along with course designing, e -learning course creation, Product Design and Development. Help to maintain client LMS environment as needed.
* The Moodle Consultant oversees all Moodle related technical issues and provide Solution, workaround, RCA and Problem Management.
* Technical issue handling on LMS front, working with Project Managers/Service Delivery Manager to support Client issues with respect to Design, Implementation and troubleshooting of the same.
Required Experience and Education:
* Applicant should have the following attributes before applying for the position:
* 6+ years total experience in a Technical role
* 4+ years in Moodle and Open source Technologies 3+ years in Linux Operating system
* Candidate will also have excellent verbal and communication skills and be able to work in a US office hours (Eastern Time Zone)
* 6+ years working knowledge and/or experience in the following technology specific areas, and has an understanding of how the following technologies are used:
* Domain expertise on web technologies (HTML 4, HTML 5, CSS 3, PHP with Object and MVC)
* Basic Knowledge on Linux and Windows Operating system along with Directory service (Ldap and AD)
* Domain expertise on Database (MySQL, MS SQL, Sybase, etc.)
* Domain expertise on LMS - Learning Management System (Moodle)
* Domain expertise in integration and API management along with Plugins
* Domain expertise on Moodle Implementation, version upgrade and cross platform migration
* Course designing skill set would be preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team. Exceptional oral and written communication skills suitable for all levels of management.
* Ability to negotiate and inspire effective, timely, proactive or corrective action by management. Self-starter, with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to work effectively as a team member of a diverse work group.
* Experience in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio.