Job Role :
- The Senior Manager of Middleware is responsible for the service, technical and people management of the Middleware infrastructure team.
- Collaborate with development teams to implement web and middleware infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will be the service owner for key technologies and platforms including Websphere Application Server, JBoss, WebLogic and other Middleware technologies.
Key Accountabilities :
- Functional and line management of the global Middleware & Web infrastructure team.
- Ownership of service delivery for Middleware & Web infrastructure platforms.
- To ensure the 24x7 operation of Middleware services and supporting technologies.
- To represent the team during any high impact incidents and through the problem review process.
- To enable effective communication to Onsite and Offshore management.
- To provide technical leadership and mentoring to Middleware team members.
- To interface with TIS, Delivery and Business teams to optimize service availability and reliability.
- To understand and manage capacity in order to guarantee the Delivery projects pipeline.
- To report on service availability, project progress and service improvements.
- To maintain and execute the service continuity plan.
Job Requirements :
- Relevant experience managing a Middleware/Web Infrastructure team and/or complex, multi-resource middleware projects.
- An existing Senior Manager with a proven track record.
- Extensive knowledge of related infrastructure domains. E.g. Operating Systems, application servers, database.
- Good academic record and ability to display external focus and thorough knowledge of the industry and competition.
- Ability to lead strategic thinking and to communicate effectively, both formally & informally.
- Self starter, team-player, and requiring minimum oversight and guidance. A real can do attitude with high levels of resilience in high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills to present to/liaise with all levels of stakeholders.