1. Provide the first line of technical expertise on piping, pipeline, vessel and heat exchange systems in support of the profitable operation of the plant.
2. Develop and implement a mechanical integrity inspection program which supports safe, reliable, regulatory and efficient operation. The inspection requirements shall satisfy the local regulations (Indian Boiler Regulation requirements) and the company's procedures.
3. Resolve inspection findings in a way that supports plant availability whilst satisfying regulatory bodies and maintaining safety.
4. Explore and where appropriate, implement new technology solutions to enhance the cost effective way in which the mechanical integrity of the plant is maintained.
5. Resolve any issues associated with piping, vessels and heat exchange systems. This is likely to include designing and supervising repairs.
6. Provide the pressure systems technical review for any equipment or plant modifications in accordance with the Management of Change procedure.
7. Develop and own specific tools for the life cycle management, condition tracking of refractory systems and inspections.