The role of Mechanical Engineer requires someone to take technical leadership on projects and mentor junior staff, where good project management skills are essential.
The successful candidate should have a mechanical engineering background of various sizes from conception through to completion in power generation.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Working closely with customers and developing innovative technology solutions that support customer business objectives.
- Preparation of documents and reports.
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practices and taking a "hands on" role in technical matters both at project and division level.
- Attendance at team and progress meetings with clients will be required.
Candidates should have the following experience / qualifications;
- Strong power generation background
- Flexibility and able to work in a small team is essential and be willing to travel, internationally if required, at short notice
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience in a commercial engineering environment is an advantage
- Experience in project management and mentoring junior staff is desirable
- An innovative approach is essential to be successful in this role, together with a flexible attitude to work and a willingness to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team