- B.Tech or M.Tech in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering from IIT or NIT only
- At least 8-12 years of experience in production of mainline FMCG/ Personal Care/Soap & Shampoo Business / foods etc. Ideally candidates who have had experience in handling production, engineering, process,quality and man management in large plants, and who are second to the Factory Manager.
- Strategic thinking and ability to build strong partnerships
- Ability to collaborate with strong people management skills
- Manage ambiguity
- Excellent analytical abilities
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure that the manufacturing operations and resources are focused on the critical business imperatives and are in accordance with strategic directions and priorities.
- To ensure that the quality of the product manufactured is as per standards through establishment and review of quality systems.
- To ensure appropriate development of people so that desired levels of performance and appropriate levels of skills and knowledge is maintained.
- To ensure that all relevant costs (PE, inventories, wastes) are within targets and improving in line with targets / standards.
- Development of the manufacturing plan from the unit objectives and synergizing action plan within the team / other HODs / FM / HO to meet them.
- To ensure that the team remains committed towards continuous improvement by allowing new ideas / thoughts to be explored.
- To ensure adherence to EHS guidelines.
- To ensure compliance to all statutory norms.
- To benchmark and introduce contemporary manufacturing practices and systems on an ongoing basis.
- Planning and negotiating strategy pertaining to IR and its implementation.
- High level of understanding and experience in managing shop floor openings with responsibility of meeting manufacturing plan OTIF, Quality, Cost, Productivity and EHS.