This role would be responsible for developing and maintaining vendors to ensure vendor bought products availability at target cost and desired specifications.
Availability of qualified vendors for various components/parts and raw materials required.
To ensure the availability of suppliers as per the requirement
* Identifying, Evaluating & developing vendors for various components/parts and raw materials required.
Deliver Target Cost on Bought out parts.
To optimise the procurement cost of bought out products as per specifications.
* Monitor commodity price and supply trends and recommend strategies for purchase.
* Negotiate cost and other deliverables with existing and new suppliers, implement supply contracts.
Managing the existing & New Suppliers
For Existing Suppliers:
* Monitor supply performance and drive for continuous improvements.
* Implement & renewal supply contracts.
For New Suppliers:
* Releasing RFQ, getting quotes, negotiation & finalising.
* Getting the technical & physical feasibility done, coordination with engineering team basis the report for new supplier finalisation.
* Ensuring the contracts are in place.
* Quality audits.
Following the internal processes for sourcing * Master Development schedule preparation and release.
* PPAP (Production Part Approval process) documentation and Submission to engineering, report.
Leading & developing Sourcing function
* Co-ordinate with global sourcing teams to identify and implement synergies.
* Responsible for inter functional operations & coordination for sourcing.
* Facilitates Internal Audits.
* Owns system responsibilities which are used by sourcing.
* Responsible for Developing Category buyers by the means of leading, coaching and mentoring.