a) Gasoline engine Optimization involving activities like, steady state performance and emission development, including but not limited to combustion system, injection system, exhaust after-treatment system.
b) Gasoline vehicle calibration involving, vehicle emission development, vehicle calibration, drivability, environmental corrections, cold start and OBD
c) Achieving Emission & Performance Robustness.
d) Laise with EMS supplier and other key system suppliers for finalising EMS and combustion system to meet the project targets.
e) Laise with CFT like Vehicle Integration, NVH, Electricals, Performance simulation, Engine development center, Reliability, homologation and Service for engineering targets delivery.
f) Plan and manage critical resources for project delivery.
g) Guide the team to effectively sort out technical issues arising during the execution of project
h) Calibration competency development and Team management.
1. Good understanding of engine architecture
2. Good understanding of combustion system and emission control. Effects of combustion hardware on performance and emission.
3. Sound knowledge of EMS system and its integration requirements.
4. Knowledge of calibration software -INCA and other data acquisition tools.
5. Knowledge of vehicle sub systems which affect vehicle performance parameters
6. Knowledge of steady state engine development on engine bench
7. Knowledge of vehicle calibration, comfort functions, drivability, IOBD etc
8. Failure analysis, root cause analysis
9. Sound knowledge on upcoming emission norms and its impact on engine and vehicle architecture