Preparing and soliciting competitive bids and evaluating competitive offerings.
2. Developing strategies/ tactics for conducting negotiations.
3. Reviewing, Issuing and administering purchase orders.
4. Conducting expediting and follow-up procedures when necessary.
5. Manages day-to-day functioning of purchasing group.
6. Reviews purchase orders to ensure adherence to quality and procedures.
7. Ensures that re-ordering of stock is carried out on a daily basis as required to maintain adequate stock levels of parts for production.
8. Understands assembly process thoroughly to ensure that the material is delivered just in time.
9. Participates in the creation of forecasts, and relates those to production programs and stock required for the daily production round.
10. Liaise with Technical department when creating new products or in matters relating to product specification.
11. Managing the shipping, handling and storage requirements on components to ensure high quality items are received and issued to the appropriate departments.
12. Undertakes Vendor Analysis & Development of new Vendors. Identifies early suppliers for company components, concepts, and production programs
14. SAP in mandatory.